Approved Touring Caravan & Motorhome Servicing
The Approved Workshop Scheme is a joint enterprise between the NCC (National Caravan Council), The Caravan and Motorhome Club and The Camping and Caravanning Club. Originating on the 1st January 1978, and the only scheme to be supported by all of the major UK manufacturers* , AWS is now the UK's largest group of independently assessed workshops and is seen as the benchmark for motorhome and touring caravan servicing in the UK.
In order to be accepted on to the Scheme, all workshops must pass an annual inspection by a team of independent assessors and must comply with the Scheme's rigorous standards. So you'll know that the right things are done, by the right people and to a high standard.
For your peace of mind, always use an Approved Workshop to service your touring caravan or motorhome.
Why Use an Approved Workshop ?
Approved Workshops are run by fully qualified caravan and motorhome servicing professionals.
Using an Approved Workshop gives you peace of mind that the technician working on your tourer or motorhome is qualified to the required standards. They will normally guarantee all repairs for a minimum of six months and take all reasonable steps to protect the validity of any unexpired warranties.
Along with the requirements for technicians, each workshop must also meet high standards of competency (the formal qualifications of the technician) and comply with an industry Code of Practice. This means that all Approved Workshops will:
- Display a detailed list of prices and labour rates
- Provide an estimate for any additional servicing or repair work over £150
- Give a realistic estimated time for completion and collection
- Use genuine spare parts where available
- Ensure all work is carried out using skill, care and professional judgement
- Always provide you with a check list of work done
- Not start work without your express authority
- Contact you for authority to continue if additional work is identified
In addition you have the reassurance that the Approved Workshop Scheme is backed by the NCC, The Caravan and Motorhome Club, The Camping and Caravanning Club and all major tourer and motorhome manufacturers.
- Get your caravan/motorhome booked in early, so you avoid disappointment and are ready for the touring season!
- Make sure after your service is completed, all the warranty work will be reported or undertaken as well to save you time and hassle.
Here at Long Eaton Caravans our customers are our priority. We offer the complete service package which includes any warranty work found or reported at the time of service.